Contact

Monday, July 28, 2014

My Big Ten Inch Records


In preparation for the Aerosmith concert on Wednesday it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who knows me that the only thing other than my brain that's spinning are my Aerosmith records...

Vinyl collecting could be considered one of my addictions. I don't care how broke I am or in what format I already have that album, if it's an album that has spoken to me in some way, shape or form I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I'll save my vinyl stories for another blog, but for now let's discuss the matter at hand... Aerosmith!

Ever since I was a young problem child all I talked about was this band, Aerosmith. I knew very little about them, but I knew they were my light at the end of the tunnel.



The moment I saw the band's raw energy and the way Steven Tyler threw himself on stage, I knew what my purpose in life was going to be. I wanted to be a rock star.

It's one thing to enjoy a concert, it's another to watch a band and feel an urge of wanting to be on that exact stage and do what those guys get to do night after night. It's hard to explain that feeling, but that is what Aerosmith does for me. I want to be that 2 hour escape from reality for thousands of people. 

So for now I will dream until my dreams come true and vicariously live through Steven Tyler until my time has come. Wednesday shall be a great escape for me and a thousand others. 

I will most certainly have a concert review up after the show so stay tuned! 

























What band has influenced you in some way?

No comments:

Post a Comment