Contact

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Music Video Premier: SIXX:AM's "Gotta Get It Right"

August 6th, 2014 Sixx:AM released the new music video to their first single "Gotta Get It Right" of their new album "Modern Vintage"

Sixx:AM consists of Motley Crue's bassits Nikki Sixx, DJ Ashba from Axl Roses' solo band on Guitar, and singer James Michael, who has produced records for acts such as Meat Loaf, Halestorm, Motley Crue, Papa Roach and many more.

"Gotta Get It Right" offers a Mott the Hoople 70's feel with the band adding their own flavor as well. When I first heard the song I could tell the band was going for that vintage sound, but something seemed a little different to me and I wasn't sure if I was into it. James has his own style of writing which can be tough to adjust to, at least for me, at times, but I always end up digging it in the end. Their last album This is Going to Hurt was a fresh sound and had great energy.

Sixx spoke to Revolver Magazine about the new album and said "I think Sixx:AM fans are going to love this record and I think new people will come in and be really surprised by it and become fans as well," he said. "I don't think our first two records sound like the same type of record, but I do think there's a sound with the band and I think we're going to continue on that tradition."

I'm looking forward to hearing what this new album has to offer when it drops on October 7th.

Check it out and tell me what your your thoughts.









No comments:

Post a Comment